Marine Industry Risks
What are the urgent safety issues facing the marine industry right now?
- Commercial fishing is the most dangerous industry in the UK*
- 103 incidents of drowning have occurred in the commercial fishing industry since 2006*
- 44% of drowning fatalities had no intention of entering the water*
- 67% of man overboard fishing drowning fatalities occur when PFD not worn*
- Man overboard recovery manoeuvres such as the Williamson turn can take 11 minutes to perform
- Unless a man overboard is rescued in 5 minutes, it is unlikely they’ll be able to swim or be conscious+
What Can a Telescopic Rescue Pole Do?
A Reach and Rescue telescopic rescue pole is a vital piece of man overboard recovery equipment that eliminates the difficulties in recovering an unresponsive casualty. It will:
- – Function as a lifesaving device whether the casualty is conscious.
- – Quickly and accurately extend any required flotation devices to the casualty.
- – Keep crew afloat whilst preparing man overboard recovery equipment that’ll get the individual back on deck.
Call us today
For a full demo of our equipment