MARINE INDUSTRY SAFETY
Marine Industry Risks
What are the urgent safety issues facing the marine industry right now?
- Commercial fishing is the most dangerous industry in the UK*
- 103 incidents of drowning have occurred in the commercial fishing industry since 2006*
- 44% of drowning fatalities had no intention of entering the water*
- 67% of man overboard fishing drowning fatalities occur when PFD not worn*
- Man overboard recovery manoeuvres such as the Williamson turn can take 11 minutes to perform
- Unless a man overboard is rescued in 5 minutes, it is unlikely they’ll be able to swim or be conscious+
What Can a Telescopic Rescue Pole Do?
A Reach and Rescue telescopic rescue pole is a vital piece of man overboard recovery equipment that eliminates the difficulties in recovering an unresponsive casualty. It will:
- – Function as a lifesaving device whether the casualty is conscious.
- – Quickly and accurately extend any required flotation devices to the casualty.
- – Keep crew afloat whilst preparing man overboard recovery equipment that’ll get the individual back on deck.
Man Overboard Recovery Equipment
The Reach and Rescue 5m Telescopic Rescue Pole with clamping float & body hook attachment is the ultimate MOB rescue and recovery tool.
- – Safely reach into water, keeping the MOB afloat with the body hook.
- – Weighing less than 3kg, the system is lightweight and easy to manoeuvre.
- – Supplied with a lifetime guarantee.
Call us today
For a full demo of our equipment